It is safe to say that we are still in the grips of Winter, so I hope you are all wrapping up warm and making the most of the long cold nights in with a few candles and a roaring fire. Cosy nights in are one of the perks of Winter, but what isn’t is so great are those pesky colds it brings along with it.
So with that in mind here is a little recipe for home made cold and cough syrup, that is great to keep in the fridge for whenever you or a loved one first feel the pesky germs attacking.
- A handful of fresh organic thyme
- 1 pint of water
- 1/2 cup of honey (raw if possible)
- 1/2 a lemon sliced
- Place the lemon in a pint jar and then cover with honey
- Toss the thyme in a pan and cover with the water
- Bring to a gentle simmer and reduce it to half
- Strain the thyme, and add to the pint jar stirring well
- Place the lid on the jar and give it a good shake
- Place in the fridge (can be kept for a month)
How easy was that? Just be sure to take a spoonful when needed!