Plaisirs Limited ("We") are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected. We value our customers and respect their privacy.
Any information we collect about you is held with the utmost care and security.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2001 (as amended) (the Law), the data controller is Plaisirs Limited.
THE INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.plaisirsboutique.com (our site) when you register with us or place an order. This information allows us to fulfil your order, make sure it is delivered correctly, notify you of the status of your order and maintain your account. When you register with us your information is stored in 'my account'. You can access 'my account' directly to amend any personal details, for example if you change your address.
- Information that you provide us when you subscribe to our newsletters, post material, request further services, enter one of our competitions or promotions and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- We may monitor customer traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help us develop and improve our web site for the benefit of our customers. In order to enhance your use of the web site you will be given a session ID which will only last for the duration of that visit to the site. Each time you visit the site you will have a different session ID.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may, from time to time, send with your ordered products, inserts advertising the goods or services of unrelated third party companies. We do not pass on your personal data to these third party companies.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We want to keep you up to date on our latest products, promotional offers and events. We may therefore use your information for the purpose of providing you with information about any products, services, special offers or features of our web site which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
You will not be sent any unsolicited material unless you indicate that you want to receive details about products, offers and events etc. when you register.
We do not provide your personal details to other companies or individuals for their marketing purposes unless you have indicated when you registered that you wish to receive information about other companies products, offers and services.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. Presently, we only use session cookies to retain the items in your basket in case of a session time out. These session cookies are not stored on the hard drive of your computer.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. From time to time we may retain the services of other carefully selected and monitored companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the successful operation and continuous improvement of this website. Examples of these functions would include the processing of data to process your order and maintain your account including the authorisation and validation of credit or debit card transactions, the provision of delivery services, the analysis of data, etc. These companies or individuals may be provided with access to your personal details in order to fulfill their function but may not use such information for any other purpose.
By submitting your Information and ticking the requisite boxes on any order form or when subscribing to the services available on our Site, you expressly consent to such use, processing and/or transfer, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We use the industry leading internet payment company SagePay to protect your card details and protect us from fraud. The following security systems are used.
Transaction security. All transaction information passed between merchant sites and the SagePay VSP Systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and any messages sent to your servers from SagePay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely secure in the knowledge that nothing you pass to the SagePay servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
Encryption and Data Storage. All sensitive data is secured on SagePay using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSigns Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data we hold is extremely secure and we are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
Links to banks. SagePay has multiple private links into the banking network that are completely separate from the Internet and which do not cross any publicly accessible networks. Any cardholder information sent to the banks and any authorisation message coming back is secure and cannot be tampered with.
Employee access. No individuals within Plaisirs or SagePay are able to decrypt transaction information or cardholder data. Our systems only allow access to our most senior staff and only in extenuating circumstances (such as investigations of Card Fraud by the Police).
Any payment transactions will be encrypted (using SSL and HTTP technology).
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. Plaisirs shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this web site or its contents.
Plaisirs is providing this site and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an 'as is' basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Plaisirs makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Plaisirs howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither Plaisirs nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Plaisirs or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and our terms and conditions of use [View our full Terms and Conditions page] and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Plaisirs, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Law gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Law. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.