Plaisirs Limited ("We") are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected. We value our customers and respect their privacy.
Any information we collect about you is held with the utmost care and security.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017, the data controller is Plaisirs Limited.
EXPLAINING THE LEGAL BASES WE RELY ON
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- Consent. In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you positively consent to receive email newsletters from us.
- Contractual obligations. In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we will collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
- Legal compliance. If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Plaisirs Limited to law enforcement.
- Legitimate interest. In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests as a retailer in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.For example, (1) we may use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers; (2) we may also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services; (3) we may also use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post or email, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- When you purchase a product or service in store, by phone or on our website www.plaisirsboutique.com (our website), and use your account to buy products and services, or redeem vouchers.
- When you purchase a product or service in store, by phone or online purchase but do not have (or do not use) (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you join the PLAISIRS loyalty programme.
- When you sign up to our email newsletters.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask us to email you information about a product or service.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event, for example a PLAISIRS Wellbeing Workshop.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you fill in any forms.
- When you have given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- When our suppliers and partners (for example, Paypal) share information with us about the product you have purchased.
- When you are instore we have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and our team. These systems may record your image during your visit.
THE INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- If you have a customer account with us: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, loyalty points, email and telephone number. For your security, we will also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website,when you register with us or place an order. This information allows us to fulfil your order, make sure it is delivered correctly, notify you of the status of your order and maintain your account. When you register with us your information is stored in 'My Account'. You can access 'My Account' directly to amend any personal details, for example if you change your address or update your privacy details.
- Details of your interactions with us in store, by telephone or online. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket, gift list and wish list choices, voucher redemptions, brands you show interest in, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders, and details of your shopping preferences.
- Details of your visits to our website, and which site you came from to ours.
- Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest. For example, you might tell us your clothing size, which we will use to guide our suggested items. Or you might share information on your skin type which allows us to recommend appropriate beauty brands. We will only ask for and use your personal data collected for recommending items of interest and to tailor your shopping experience with us. Of course, it is always your choice whether you share such details with us.
- Payment card information.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our store.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
- To deliver the best possible web experience on our website, with regard to each of your visits to our website, we may automatically collect the following information: (1) technical information including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; (2) information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, advertisements you clicked on and any telephone number used to call our customer service number; (3) we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which are used to provide the online services required for our website to function (e.g. shopping cart, wishlist, account functionality) and to track how customers use and interact with our website. In such cases, you can delete cookies that are stored on your device by following the instructions in the relevant help section of your chosen web browser however, this may impact your browsing experience on our website. We may monitor customer traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help us develop and improve our web site for the benefit of our customers. In order to enhance your use of the web site you will be given a session ID which will only last for the duration of that visit to the site. Each time you visit the site you will have a different session ID.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We want to give you the best customer experience and service in pursuit of our legitimate interest as a retailer. We use the information held about you in the following ways and for the following reasons:
- To process any orders that you make by using our website or in store. If we do not collect your personal data during checkout, we will not be able to process your order. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as exchanges, refunds or so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We will do all of this as part of our legitimate interest. For example, by checking your password when you login.
- To protect our customers, premises, assets and team from crime, we operate CCTV systems in our stores which records images for security. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. We aim to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, post and telephone about relevant products, offers and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions, send you survey and feedback requests and so on. Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us at any time.
- To display the most interesting content to you on our websites, we may use data we hold about your favourite brands or products and so on. We do so on the basis of your consent for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device. For example, we might display a list of items you have recently looked at, or offer you recommendations based on your purchase history and any other data you have shared with us.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. For example, we will record your browserâs Session ID to help us understand more when you leave us online feedback about any problems you are having.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- To process your booking/appointment requests (such as an appointment with a beauty therapist).
- Sometimes, we will need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service (such as delivery couriers). Without sharing your personal data, we would be unable to fulfil your request.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- We may, from time to time, send with your ordered products, inserts advertising the goods or services of unrelated third party companies. We do not pass on your personal data to these third party companies.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
- From time to time we retain the services of other carefully selected and monitored companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the successful operation and continuous improvement of our business. These companies and individuals are appointed as data processors. We may share your information with selected third parties including: (1) Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (e.g. in order to process your order and maintain your account, including the authorisation and validation of credit or debit card transactions, the provision of delivery services, the analysis of data, the support of our website and other business systems.). These companies or individuals may be provided with access to your personal details in order to fulfil their function but may not use such information for any other purpose; (2) Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you; (3) Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in limited circumstances, for example: (1) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; (2) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety (or the rights, property, safety of our customers, or others). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud management and credit risk reduction.
- We do not provide your personal details to other companies or individuals for their marketing purposes unless you have indicated when you registered that you wish to receive information about other companies' products, offers and services.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA")(including the USA). The reason for this transfer is that some of the operations we need managed in order to complete our contract with you are located outside of the EEA, for instance it may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers. Examples of these operations would include the processing of data to process your order and maintain your account including the authorisation and validation of credit or debit card transactions, the provision of delivery services, the analysis of data, etc. These companies or individuals may be provided with access to your personal details in order to fulfill their function but may not use such information for any other purpose.
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information is secured and encrypted to ensure it is protected. We use the industry leading internet payment company SagePay and Paypal to protect your card details and protect us from fraud.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
If you have not used your account for more than five years, it will be flagged as inactive and we will contact you to ask whether you want to keep it open. Unless you reply to say Yes, we will close the account and delete or anonymise the personal data associated with it.
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the following rights to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- Correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Erasure of your personal data.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- Right not to be subject to decisions based on automated processing.
- Right to data portability.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows:
- by post, at PLAISIRS Limited, 17 Le Pollet, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY8 0HP,
- by email, at email@example.com,
- by logging into your online account (if amending your data or to stop direct marketing communications from us),
- by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email communication that we send you (to stop direct marketing communications from us).
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13 you may look at our website but you may not make a purchase, register or submit any personal information to us. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 on the website, we will delete the information from our records.
CONTACTING THE REGULATOR & YOUR RIGHT TO APPEAL
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority. You can contact them by calling 0044 1481 742074 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are based outside of Guernsey, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
You also have the right to appeal under the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017 to Court in relation to any determination made in relation to a complaint to the Data Protection Authority or for the failure of being given notice that a complaint you have made is being investigated or progressed.
This notice was last updated on 25 May 2018.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit.
- Google Maps. [Cookie name: NNID PREF]
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the article, Internet Browser cookies- what they are and how to manage them.
Learn how to remove cookies set on your device.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.